Juvederm is a clear, gel-like substance that is injected into the face to add fullness and volume. It comes in two strengths: Juvederm Ultra is regular thickness and Juvederm Ultra Plus is extra-thick for extra volume. Otherwise they are the same. Juvederm is also known as a dermal filler because it fills in lines on the skin.
- Juvederm is combined with lidocaine for extra comfort during injection
- Results last one year, and sometimes longer
- Made from hyaluronic acid, a natural substance in the body
- Can be used on any skin color
- Injection takes just minutes
- Common places on face are frown lines, marrionette lines next to mouth, lips and lines on upper lip, cheeks, and between eyebrows
- Common, but temporary, side effects are redness and swelling at injection site, bruising and slight lumps under skin
- Topical numbing cream is available upon request
- Dr. Lantry takes a very conservative approach to dermal fillers; she always recommends the minimal amount at first because you can always come back for more if you need or want it
For more information visit the official Juvederm site.