Kybella is a prescription medicine used in adults to improve the appearance of moderate to severe fat below the chin (double chin). Kybella works by destroying fat cells so that they can no longer store or accumulate fat. The results are permanent.
Kybella is perfect for:
- People who are bothered by fat under the chin
- People who do not want surgery
- People who feel the double chin makes them look older
- People who eat well and exercise, but fullness does not go away
How it works:
- The area is numbed with lidocaine and then Kybella is injected under the chin with a very small needle. Patients report minimal discomfort.
- Patients need between 2 and 6 treatments depending on the amount of fat under the chin.
- Injections take only 15 or 20 minutes and are scheduled 6-8 weeks apart.
- The cost is determined by how much Kybella is used for each treatment. The amount needed decreases with each treatment.
- The most common side effects are swelling, bruising, numbness, redness, pain and areas of hardness. Side effect normally subside in several weeks, but can last longer.