Radiesse is a white rather thick substance containing calcium that is injected into the face to correct wrinkles and instantly restore volume to the skin. It also works with your body to stimulate your own collagen production which makes your skin tighter to look younger. Radiesse is thicker than Juvederm or Perlane, the other dermal fillers, and Dr. Lantry often injects it high in the cheekbones to create “apples” in your cheeks.
- Radiesse is combined with lidocaine for extra comfort during injection
- The natural results may last up to a year
- Made from calcium hydroxylapatite, a form of calcium
- Can be used on any skin color
- Injection takes just minutes
- Radiesse is normally injected high in the cheekbones, but Dr. Lantry sometimes injects it in nasolabial folds as well
- Common, but temporary, side effects are redness and swelling at the injection site, bruising, and slights bumps under the skin
- Topical numbing cream is also available
For more information visit the official Radiesse site.